Skip to content
SPRING QUINOA SALAD WITH ASPARAGUS
Spring is in the air with this Spring Vegetable Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing! This is just one of the recipes we will be serving on my Spring Yoga Retreat & Country Ramble in the beautiful Chiltern Hills of South Buckinghamshire this April.For information about Elisa’s yoga classes in West London, overseas yoga holidays and one day yoga retreats please visit www.elisawilliamsyoga.com
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil+1/4 cup olive oil, divided (or oil from sun-dried tomato jar)
- 1 bunch kale, chopped and steamed
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup stoned black olives, halved
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced basil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- Rinse the quinoa well and then put it in a medium saucepan with the water, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer, cooking for about 15 minutes or until quinoa is cooked and water has evaporated. Let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250c
- Arrange asparagus on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with the 2 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast for 15 minutes. Cool and then cut into 1-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa, asparagus, kale, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- For the dressing, in the food processor or with a blending wand, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic, and honey. Pulse until pureed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Toss with the salad and serve at room temperature or slightly warm.