Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Elisa Williams Yoga provides yoga instruction through classes, workshops, private instruction in person and online.
Elisa Williams Yoga offers yoga holidays and retreats in the UK & abroad.
Elisa’s teaching style draws on her 30 years experience of yoga and is delivered in a way, designed to be accessible, non-dogmatic helpful and of benefit as many different bodies as possible. As much as Elisa would love to share her love of yoga and holistic self care for free it is her sole source of income. Therefore, below you will find a comprehensive list of terms and conditions so that It is important that you read so that you have a clear understanding of where we stand in regards to this exchange.
YOGA CLASSES & RETREATS IN PERSON & ONLINE
- If you are coming to any of Elisa’s classes or retreats in person or online for the first time please email Elisa so she knows to expect you and to make her aware of any injuries or medical conditions.
- In exceptional circumstances Elisa may have to cancel a class at short notice. Please ensure that you sign up to the mailing list via the website so you can be kept informed of any schedule changes. You have the option to unsubscribe from this list at any time. It is important that contact details when registering their attendance are provided by everyone attending and in person or online yoga class with Elisa Williams
- When attending an in person yoga class please provide via email an contact number for your next of kin in case of a medical emergency.
- Elisa Williams Yoga does not accept any responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged goods. Please look after your belongings.
- Elisa respectfully ask that you arrive a few minutes early so that we can start on time.
- All phones must be turned off during class. If in exceptional circumstances if you need to leave your phone on to take an urgent call please keep it on silent or vibrate and wait until you are out of the room before answering it.
- For London classes and workshops in London and other yoga studios see individual yoga studios websites for their T&Cs and booking information.
- All private yoga bookings require 36 hours hours notice to cancel or amend otherwise the full fee is due. It is very important that you understand this.
- Yoga for health and well-being is a safe & effective form of exercise; and Elisa takes as much care as possible to ensure your well being. However, it is important that you take full responsibility for your own body in class. It is your responsibility to discuss any health concerns with a health care professional and to make the teacher aware of any medical conditions, complications or physical limitations before you participate in the class. You must agree to honour your body by adjusting the practice according to your own capabilities and needs to ensure that no personal injury occurs. Should injury occur during class, Elisa cannot be held accountable.
- Online Classes as with any physical exercise can be strenuous and involve an element of risk. You are advised to seek the advice of your medical professional before embarking in any form of physical exercise, especially if you have limiting conditions or are overweight, pregnant, taking regular medication, recovering from injuries or have any existing medical conditions. It is your responsibility to assure that the classes you take and the variations you choose are appropriate for your physical and mental condition.
- When practicing in online classes, please adapt in ways suitable for you, take as many breaks as you need, practice in a safe space and should you feel unwell or feel pain, stop immediately and if necessary seek advice from your GP. If in doubt about a pose or sequence, don’t do it. Make sure you are suitably warmed up before each session. With yoga it is recommended that you refrain from eating 2 hours before the class and make sure you are hydrated before the session commences.
- You are participating in online classes at your own risk, with everything you do, being entirely carried out as your choice.
- Elisa Williams is not a medical professional and offers no medical advise or diagnosis.
YOGA RETREATS TERMS & CONDITIONS
UK WEEKEND RETREATS
A £200 deposit is required to secure your booking. No booking is not confirmed until the deposit has been made. This is payable to Elisa William Yoga via through the website.
This is refundable up until 8 weeks before the retreat. The balance is due 6 weeks before the retreat.
Cancellations less than 8 weeks before the retreat are only refundable or transferable if the space can be filled by another student. Any refunds given will be less a £60 admin fee.
A deposit of £400 shared or £450 for a single occupancy room is required to secure your booking
No booking is confirmed until the deposit has been made. This is payable to Elisa Williams Yoga through the website and covers teaching services and organisation of the retreat. The deposit is refundable up until 12 weeks before the retreat. After that it is only refundable or transferable if the space on the holiday can be filled by another student.
Any refunds will be less a £100 admin fee.
The balance payment is due 10 weeks before the retreat and is payable via bank transfer. The final amount payable is dependent on the type of accommodation that you have chosen.
All yoga guests are responsible for reading and understanding the cancellation policy before making a reservation. Of course, no one books with the expectation of cancelling or postponing their retreat, however unexpected things can happen. Therefore it is very important that you have travel cancellation insurance once you have made your reservation.
Travel insurance is a condition of booking an Elisa Williams Retreat which must be taken out at the time of making your initial booking.
Please ensure that the travel insurance policy you take out includes cancellation insurance to cover you for any unexpected cancellations by yourself, including but not limited to illness, bereavement, family emergenices, work conflicts change of circumstances etc, and also in respect of medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation with adequate cover. Ensure that your insurer is providing cover suitable for an activity based holiday.
Cancellations made by you after the specific deadline will not be refunded or transferred to another retreat under any circumstances unless your place on the retreat can be filled.
*Please note we try to be as fair and lenient as we can with our cancellation policy. Most retreat companies require a non-refundable deposit and do not offer any refunds due to late cancallation under any circumstances, even if the space can be filled.
Elisa Williams Yoga will not be held responsible and no refunds will be made for any cancellation or curtailment due to factors beyond our control, including but not limited to:-
- Cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, pandemics, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations or other events beyond our control.
- Participants’ medical or psychiatric/emotional conditions which may become apparent through practising yoga daily on retreat.
- Loss of, or damage to, personal property of participants.
Elisa Williams has been teaching regular retreats since 2008 for personal personals. However in the very unlikely event that Elisa is unable to teach a retreat at short notice, for example due to but not limited to severe illness or bereavement, Elisa reserves the right to find a replacement teacher.
In this situation no refunds will be issued. If no replacement teacher can be arranged and the retreat is cancelled any deposits will be refunded to you in full. Any accommodation costs that have been made to the venue will be refundable according to the venue’s cancellation policy.
Whilst practicing yoga is generally a very safe and you will be in the hands of a very experienced and knowledgable teacher, you are participating in any yoga activities at your own risk and are responsible for declaring any injuries, medical conditions or health conditions which could limit your ability or make the practice unsuitable prior to the retreat so that any relevant and necessary modifications or adjustments to the practice can be offered.
Failure to declare could result in you being refused participation on the retreat.
Elisa Williams Yoga reserves the right to refuse participation on a retreat to any individuals who the teacher deems the practice is unsafe or unsuitable for.
This could be for reasons including but is not limited to addictions, severe depression, severe annorexia and mental health problems. If a condition has not previously been declared and results in you being refused admission onto the retreat then no refund will be give.
All yoga and meditation sessions are optional. Any personal health information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. If you would prefer to discuss in person rather than by email please give us a call. Physical or verbal aggression will not be tolerated and Elisa reserves the right to remove disruptive or aggressive participants part way through a retreat. In this situation no refund will be given.
Updates – Please note that the above information may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions
By attending a class/workshop/retreat with Elisa Williams Yoga you acknowledge and agree with the terms and conditions on this website.
If you have any questions regarding the above, or relating to what Elisa Williams Yoga offers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated!